Just like you, our beautiful jewelry does need to be looked after. To protect and contribute to its longevity, we have compiled a list of tips for you on how to care for your Accessories2Die4 jewelry, so it will look as lovely as the day you received it!
- We strongly advise applying your everyday substances like perfume, lotions, hairsprays or other cosmetics way before putting on your jewelry as the chemicals or components in them can react with jewelry causing it to tarnish, discolor and possibly corrode.
- Jewelry should be removed before diving into a chlorinated swimming pool or before using household cleaners as they may contain ammonia which is too harsh for your delicate fashion jewelry.
- Thoroughly wipe each piece of jewelry with a soft, clean cloth as soon as you remove it. The goal is to remove any oil, salt or acid contaminants and to dry the piece.
- Never go to sleep with fashion jewelry on, it is a sure way to damage it, to make it tarnish more quickly or even break it. And besides damaging your jewelry, it could also color, injure or scratch your skin.
- The best way to prevent tarnishing, chipping, knots in chains and breakage is to store fashion jewelry individually, for example in cotton or velvet pouches or a zip lock bag as exposure to the air and environment can also cause your jewelry to tarnish over time.
- Do not coat your costume jewelry with any products except clear nail polish as it may change the appearance and color of your jewelry and tarnish its shine.